- "Suzanne", "Suzie", and "Z" redirect here. For the doll, see Z Yang (doll).
Personality and Facts
Z is Korean-American and from Seattle, Washington.
She likes to make stopmotion videos with her American Girl Dolls, with the help of her friends Lauren and Mariela. She also wants to direct her own movies someday.
She sometimes has trouble when she doesn't have control of her projects, getting upset when filming is delayed or other people don't appreciate her efforts, and often tries to do everything herself. She works very hard and often tries to include her friends in on projects, though she can sometimes hyperfocus on things to the detriment of everything else.
She uploads her stopmotion videos online after her parents view them, and has thousands of subscribers; however, she didn't realize how popular she was until she was recognized at VidCon 2017 and ended up with a makeshift panel of her own. She is also a part of the Camera Club at school, which reports on School Events.
Z has a good relationship with both of her parents, and usually goes to them for advice. She spends a lot of time with them, including a once-a-month hike that they all take together. She considers Lauren her best friend, and is also friends with the rest of her Z.Crew, which includes her next-door neighbor Mari Ramirez, Gigi and Becka.
Family and Friends
- Michelle Yang: Z's Mother
- Mr. Yang: Z's Father
Friends and Other Characters
- Lauren McClain: Z's Best Friend
- Mariela Ramirez: Z's Best Friend
- Gigi: Z's Friend
- Becka: Z's Friend
- Mr. Mullolly: The head of the Camera Club
- Andrew: A member of the Camera Club
- Maddie: A member of the Camera Club
Books and Media
See: List of Z's Books
- Main article: Z Yang (doll)
- Face Mold: Jess Mold
- Skin: Light
- Hair: Black-Brown
- Eyes: Brown
- See: Z's Collection
- Z was originally an online-only character as part of the Z.Crew videos, played by Just Like You 64.
- Z is the second doll to be marketed as wearing glasses after Molly McIntire; unlike Molly, her glasses are not seen in the majority of the doll's images or mentioned prominently in her books.
- Locations in Z's Series
- Statement from the official Twitter account.
- Bringing American Girl into more American girls' lives, Wisconsin State Journal, accessed February 7, 2017.
- The Real Z, page 8: Lauren's eyes widened. "How long do you have?" "Six weeks."; page 121: Thank you for your Cloudsong entry. We look forward to viewing your submission! A final decision will be made by May 15. Six weeks before May 15 is April 3. And Z On Location takes place in Summer of 2017.
- The Real Z, page 1: Lauren McClain, a.k.a my best friend, production partner, and all-around amazing prop designer, was sitting on my bedroom floor...