|This article doesn't have a proper headlining picture.|
Read Posters are a series of posters featuring the first seven Historical Characters in reading poses.
The posters were partially inspired by the American Library Association's READ ad campaign.
Each poster showed an illustration of the historical character posed in an accurate setting wearing an outfit from their collection and reading a book. The picture was framed in parchment background similar to the first edition parchment style books with text above and below stating: Reading: The Timeless Pastime of American Girls.
Posters either came folded or rolled in storage tubes.
The American Girl Club and Historical Society membership kit included the first five characters arraigned together in a poster.
These were partial inspiration for the Hallmark bookends.
List of American Girl Read Posters
- Felicity's Read Poster: Felicity is wearing her Summer Outfit.
- Josefina's Read Poster: Josefina is wearing her Indigo Skirt and Camisa.
- Kirsten's Read Poster: Kirsten is wearing her Summer Dress.
- Addy's Read Poster: Addy is wearing her School Suit and Blouse (minus the jacket).
- Samantha's Read Poster: Samantha is wearing her Meet Outfit.
- Kit's Read Poster: Kit is wearing her School Outfit.
- Molly's Read Poster: Molly is wearing her After-School Outfit.
- Meet Posters
- This included Kit, though she never had her books released in the style.