Only in Molly Saves The Day
Chapter by Chapter Summary
Chapter One: Camp Gowonagin
Chapter Two: We're in the Army Now
Chapter Three: Creepy Crawlies
Chapter Four: Victory at Sea
Chapter Five: The Pink Army
Looking Back: America Outdoors in 1944
Discuses how people spent time outdoors during World War Two. Topics include:
- The lack of family vacations due to the war.
- The various wilderness survival skills children learned in summer camps.
- How and where children lived in summer camp.
- What counselors taught campers, from swimming to first aid.
- How summer camps remained patriotic during the war.
- How life in the military--specifically, the U.S. Navy--was similar to camp life.
- What adults did during the summer, and what Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts taught other children.
Items associated with Molly Saves The Day
- Camp Gowonagin Uniform
- Saddle Shoes
- Camping Equipment
- Capture the Flag Gear
- Molly's Pup Tent
- Molly's Sleeping Bag
- Molly's Camp Tent
- ↑ Molly's letter at the end of Chapter 5.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.