The Modern Character Meet Outfit (known variously as the American Girl of Today Meet Outfit, Just Like You Meet Outfit, My American Girl Meet Outfit, and Truly Me Meet Outfit) is the outfit an American Girl of Today, Just Like You, My American Girl, or Truly Me doll arrives in.
Although modern dolls do not have stories of their own created by the company, the same term is used as for Historical Characters for convenience. The meet outfit changes roughly every two years to follow the changes of modern fashion for children.
In 2010, codes were bundled with all meet outfits for use on Innerstar University, so outfits were not available separately. Starting with the Lilac Dress (which was available separately) meet outfits were paired down to simple components with accompanying accessories including clothing components to expand the look. Starting again with the Truly Me Outfit, outfits were not available separately from a doll purchase.
Each outfit has a set of matching accessories that is sold with a doll at a discount when bundled.
Originally, accessories maintained the same components, much like the Historical Characters' meet accessories. As time has passed, however, the components have changed and only a few items have remained standard, namely the miniature $1 notes and the bag or purse. Older items included a miniature American Girl Magazine, library card and a piece of jewelry.
List of Modern Meet Outfits
- 1995: Mix and Match Outfit
- 1996: First Day Outfit
- 1998: Red Vinyl Jumper Outfit
- 2000: Urban Outfit
- 2002: Go Anywhere Outfit
- 2004: Ready for Fun Outfit
- 2006: I Like Your Style Outfit
- At this point, the line was renamed "Just Like You."
- 2008: Star Hoodie Outfit
- At this point, the line was renamed "My American Girl"
- At this point, the line was renamed "Truly Me".
- 2017: Truly Me Outfit
- 2020: Sparkle and Shine Outfit
- 2021: Cool Camo Outfit, Skater Dress Outfit, and Girly Graffiti Outfit
In 2018, with the release of boy dolls, a boy's meet outfit was released.
List of Modern Meet Accessories
- 1995: Mix and Match Accessories
- 1996: First Day Accessories
- 1998: Red Vinyl Jumper Accessories
- 2000: Urban Accessories
- 2002: Go Anywhere Accessories
- 2004: Ready for Fun Accessories
- 2006: I Like Your Style Accessories
- 2008: Phone and Charms Set
- This set was not specifically sold as accessories for the Star Hoodie meet outfit.
- 2010: None; a Charm-Keeper Necklace and booklet to access Innerstar University came with the doll.
- 2012: True Spirit Accessories
- 2015: Love to Layer Accessories
- 2017: Truly Me Accessories
- 2018: Everyday Accessories
- 2020: Sparkle and Shine Accessories and Casual and Cool Accessories
- 2021: Chic and Stylish Accessories
- Outfits for Create Your Own dolls are discussed on that line's page.
- Charm necklaces came with newly purchased dolls between 2010 to 2015 and were not included with accessory sets during that time period.
- While the Everyday Accessories contained items commonly seen in previous Meet Accessories (mainly the library card, bag, and pretend money), they were were paired as the complementary set to the Innerstar U Outfit.
- Not sold separately from full purchase of a doll.
- Not available separately due to codes for Innerstar University.
- This outfit was not given an official name; its name on this wiki is derived from the accessories it is paired with.
- Each outfit is unique to its specific doll and not available separately.
- This outfit was also not given an official name; its name on this wiki is derived from the girl's meet outfit it complements.
- Paired with the boy's outfit.
- Paired with the three unique outfits.