Mildred Morrison is a fictive kin aunt of Kit Kittredge.
- 1 Personality and Facts
- 2 In the Books
- 2.1 Happy Birthday, Kit!: A Springtime Story
- 2.2 Kit Saves The Day: A Summer Story
- 2.3 Kit's Winning Ways
- 2.4 Kit and Millie Ride Again
- 2.5 Really Truly Ruthie
- 2.6 Midnight in Lonesome Hollow
- 2.7 A Thief in the Theater
- 2.8 Menace at Mammoth Cave
- 2.9 Full Speed Ahead: My Journey with Kit
- 2.10 Kit's Railway Adventure
- 3 References
Personality and Facts
Millie--also known by her family as Aunt Millie--is an elderly woman who lives in Kentucky in a rural area called Mountain Hollow. She and her late husband, Birch, raised Jack Kittredge after his parents died when he was young and were the only family that Jack knew. Aunt Millie is not a blood relative to the Kittredges; in fact, Margaret Kittredge finds it very countrified to call Millie "aunt" at all and calls her Miss Mildred. However, much like Auntie Lula and Uncle Solomon she can be seen as fictive kin.
Aunt Millie is very energetic, quirky, and lively. She is known for being forward and frank and has very clever ways to save money. Aunt Millie is very practical and can be strict, but loves Kit and all her friends very much. Kit points out that Aunt Millie is good at bringing the best out of people. Kit notes that she was the only person who has praised her for her appearance or called her pretty. She is highly educated and was the teacher in Mountain Hollow from the time her husband died until the school closed; she quotes Shakespeare quite often.
In the Books
Happy Birthday, Kit!: A Springtime Story
Kit Saves The Day: A Summer Story
- Kit's Railway Adventure: [Kit] will travel on the New York Central and The Great Northern Railroad's Empire Builder, with her aunt, Mrs. Mildred Weaver Morrison.